Fox Creek Farm
Fox Creek Farm has quiet, dependable lesson mounts. We believe that safety and excellent horsemanship are of utmost importance. FCF provides a positive environment for all students to build confidence and have fun! Please call for more information or for a riding lesson application.
2010 Programs and Rates
Riding Lesson Packages
Basic Lesson Package
?/span> 4 Lessons for $140 ($35/lesson)
?/span> Must be used within one month
?/span> Private (30 minutes) ~ Semi-Private (45 minutes) ~ Group (60 minutes)
?span style="font:7.0pt "Times New Roman""> Beginner riders will be introduced to riding in private lessons. Once a rider can ride independently ?nbsp; he/she may be moved into a semi-private or group lesson depending on availability and preference.
?/span> 4 Private (60 minutes) Lessons for $180 ($45/lesson)
?span style="font:7.0pt "Times New Roman""> Must be used within one month
?span style="font:7.0pt "Times New Roman""> The private package offers more time in the saddle during each lesson and individual attention.
- Must be paid for in full before the 1st lesson!
- Cancellation Policy: Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice can not be rescheduled ?you will pay for the missed lesson.
- Lesson packages are non-refundable!
- Plan to be at the farm for 15-20 minutes beyond your scheduled lesson time. Students will help groom and tack and/or untack for their lessons. This is an important part of learning to ride! For example, if you have a private 30 minute lesson at 3:00 ?then arrive promptly at 3:00 pm and expect to leave about 3:45 pm.
- For those of you who are riding your own horse/pony (owned or leased), deduct $5.00/lesson from all prices above!
- Shelby will teach at HDF when necessary - call for rates.
Off ?Farm Lessons
Shelby may be willing to travel to your farm to teach lessons on your own horse. Private lessons are $40/hr within a reasonable driving distance.
Pony Pals Program
FCF is excited to offer a program designed especially for beginner riders aged 4-8. This program will consist of 6 private lessons, one lesson per week. Each lesson will be 30 minutes. Riders will spend half of their time getting to know the pony on the ground ?grooming, leading, tacking up, etc. and the other half of their time riding. The riding will be primarily on the lead line/lunge line. This program is designed to familiarize children with ponies and riding in a relaxed, fun environment.
Cost: $150 for 6 week program
Riders are required to wear ASTM approved helmets. FCF can provide first time riders with one; however we recommend that you purchase your own. Riders must wear hard soled shoes with a heel, preferably paddock boots. Rubber boots are not acceptable. Riding pants or chaps/half-chaps are recommended. Hair MUST be neatly tied back. No Gum! Wear well-fitted clothing.